BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — AT&T continues to upgrade its service in South Florida, today announcing 139 upgraded towers in the area — many of them serving the extended Boca Raton area.
AT&T* South Florida customers are expected to experience improved mobile Internet voice and data connectivity as a result of capacity upgrades to 139 cell sites in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The upgrades are part of AT&T’s ongoing efforts to enhance the performance of its mobile Internet network throughout South Florida.
The network project involved adding new layers of frequency to the cell sites. The additional capacity makes it possible for the cell sites to accommodate more traffic, which helps improve the performance of mobile Internet data and voice connectivity for customers.
The areas benefitting from the capacity upgrades include Miami Beach, Miami, West Miami, Downtown Miami, Doral, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Hialeah, Kendall, Kendall Lakes, Opa-Locka, Sweetwater, Tamiami, Miami Gardens, Westview, and Pinewood in Miami-Dade County; Fort Lauderdale, North Lauderdale, Hollywood, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, Parkland, Hallandale, Margate, and Pompano Beach in Broward County; and Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, and Jupiter in Palm Beach County.
“As part of the South Florida community, we’re always looking for new opportunities to provide an enhanced customer experience, and our investment in the local wireless network is just one way we’re accomplishing that,” said AT&T Florida President Marshall Criser, lll. “We’re working to build a 4G network that’s smarter and better to provide our customers with a superior mobile Internet experience.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING