BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — AT&T continues to upgrade its service in South Florida, today announcing 139 upgraded towers in the area — many of them serving the extended Boca Raton area.
AT&T* South Florida customers are expected to experience improved mobile Internet voice and data connectivity as a result of capacity upgrades to 139 cell sites in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The upgrades are part of AT&T’s ongoing efforts to enhance the performance of its mobile Internet network throughout South Florida.
The network project involved adding new layers of frequency to the cell sites. The additional capacity makes it possible for the cell sites to accommodate more traffic, which helps improve the performance of mobile Internet data and voice connectivity for customers.
The areas benefitting from the capacity upgrades include Miami Beach, Miami, West Miami, Downtown Miami, Doral, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Hialeah, Kendall, Kendall Lakes, Opa-Locka, Sweetwater, Tamiami, Miami Gardens, Westview, and Pinewood in Miami-Dade County; Fort Lauderdale, North Lauderdale, Hollywood, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, Parkland, Hallandale, Margate, and Pompano Beach in Broward County; and Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, and Jupiter in Palm Beach County.
“As part of the South Florida community, we’re always looking for new opportunities to provide an enhanced customer experience, and our investment in the local wireless network is just one way we’re accomplishing that,” said AT&T Florida President Marshall Criser, lll. “We’re working to build a 4G network that’s smarter and better to provide our customers with a superior mobile Internet experience.”
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed
- VIDEO: No Masks At “One11 Boca Raton” Nightclub Party
- COVID FLORIDA: 3,361 New Infections Logged, Palm Beach County Positivity Passes 6 Percent
- UPDATE: West Delray Woman Offered To Sell Special Services To Cop
- PSAT At Spanish River High: Parents, Staffers Fear Super-Spreader Event
- Parents Sending Sick Kids To School In Palm Beach County