BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Zach Denaro’s father was questioned as a suspect by Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputies about an assault that took place at his son’s funeral.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a young man — who said he was a friend of Zach’s — was allegedly roughed up outside the Babione Funeral Home just after the service for the West Boca High School student.
The young man — accompanied by his mother — told police that he was attacked by a group of adults. Police saw scratches and a ripped shirt on the victim.
Denaro’s father, according to a police report, admitted that he was angry at the young man but did not assault him. The deceased’s dad claimed that the victim “disrespected” the family by arriving at the funeral “dressed down” and then placed a “legalize it” wrist band in his son’s casket. The wristband included a picture of a marijuana leaf.
The victim has not yet decided whether or not to file charges against Denaro’s father.
Meantime, BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the investigation into Zach Denaro’s death continues and that no charges have been filed yet. Denaro died earlier this month after allegedly being given a tainted “acid-like” drug. Denaro, according to witnesses, engaged in a physical altercation with the drug dealer, a known acquaintance, and then slipped into a coma. He died at Delray Medical Center.
Read our original coverage here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW