BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Zach Denaro’s father was questioned as a suspect by Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputies about an assault that took place at his son’s funeral.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a young man — who said he was a friend of Zach’s — was allegedly roughed up outside the Babione Funeral Home just after the service for the West Boca High School student.
The young man — accompanied by his mother — told police that he was attacked by a group of adults. Police saw scratches and a ripped shirt on the victim.
Denaro’s father, according to a police report, admitted that he was angry at the young man but did not assault him. The deceased’s dad claimed that the victim “disrespected” the family by arriving at the funeral “dressed down” and then placed a “legalize it” wrist band in his son’s casket. The wristband included a picture of a marijuana leaf.
The victim has not yet decided whether or not to file charges against Denaro’s father.
Meantime, BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the investigation into Zach Denaro’s death continues and that no charges have been filed yet. Denaro died earlier this month after allegedly being given a tainted “acid-like” drug. Denaro, according to witnesses, engaged in a physical altercation with the drug dealer, a known acquaintance, and then slipped into a coma. He died at Delray Medical Center.
Read our original coverage here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem