BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Zach Denaro’s father was questioned as a suspect by Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputies about an assault that took place at his son’s funeral.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a young man — who said he was a friend of Zach’s — was allegedly roughed up outside the Babione Funeral Home just after the service for the West Boca High School student.
The young man — accompanied by his mother — told police that he was attacked by a group of adults. Police saw scratches and a ripped shirt on the victim.
Denaro’s father, according to a police report, admitted that he was angry at the young man but did not assault him. The deceased’s dad claimed that the victim “disrespected” the family by arriving at the funeral “dressed down” and then placed a “legalize it” wrist band in his son’s casket. The wristband included a picture of a marijuana leaf.
The victim has not yet decided whether or not to file charges against Denaro’s father.
Meantime, BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the investigation into Zach Denaro’s death continues and that no charges have been filed yet. Denaro died earlier this month after allegedly being given a tainted “acid-like” drug. Denaro, according to witnesses, engaged in a physical altercation with the drug dealer, a known acquaintance, and then slipped into a coma. He died at Delray Medical Center.
Read our original coverage here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County