BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the State Attorney’s Office is still investigating the shooting death of Adam Donohue, the 20 year old Florida Atlantic University student killed by Boca Raton Police Officer Brian Pare.
Donahue, according to police and eyewitnesses, was shot and killed after he allegedly tried to carjack a Comcast worker — but failed — then carjacked a taxicab. It happened in the area of NW 4th Avenue and 20th Street.
Boca Raton Police turned the investigation over to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office which — in turn — provided a case file to the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office. While not unprecedented, it is notable that this case is still open after four months. Police involved shootings tend to be closed out within three months. The delay, however, does not suggest that there is a problem with the case.
From our original reporting on March 11th:
Donohue, who a background check reveals lived in Iowa, the Tampa area, Boca Raton and Delray Beach, is seen holding a gun in the Facebook photo above. An apparent friend tells BocaNewsNow.com that the photo was of Adam playing a video game. There are several photos of him with similar weaponry on his Facebook page. He is a former wrestler and wrote that he is a fan of FAU Rugby.
Donohue has no criminal record in Palm Beach County.
The officer has been identified as Brian Pare. While we are reminded that Florida Statute 119 protects information about active police officers, an FAU Football player with that name who graduated from Spanish River High School and majored in Criminal Justice is featured on this FAU Website.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent