BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the State Attorney’s Office is still investigating the shooting death of Adam Donohue, the 20 year old Florida Atlantic University student killed by Boca Raton Police Officer Brian Pare.
Donahue, according to police and eyewitnesses, was shot and killed after he allegedly tried to carjack a Comcast worker — but failed — then carjacked a taxicab. It happened in the area of NW 4th Avenue and 20th Street.
Boca Raton Police turned the investigation over to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office which — in turn — provided a case file to the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office. While not unprecedented, it is notable that this case is still open after four months. Police involved shootings tend to be closed out within three months. The delay, however, does not suggest that there is a problem with the case.
From our original reporting on March 11th:
Donohue, who a background check reveals lived in Iowa, the Tampa area, Boca Raton and Delray Beach, is seen holding a gun in the Facebook photo above. An apparent friend tells BocaNewsNow.com that the photo was of Adam playing a video game. There are several photos of him with similar weaponry on his Facebook page. He is a former wrestler and wrote that he is a fan of FAU Rugby.
Donohue has no criminal record in Palm Beach County.
The officer has been identified as Brian Pare. While we are reminded that Florida Statute 119 protects information about active police officers, an FAU Football player with that name who graduated from Spanish River High School and majored in Criminal Justice is featured on this FAU Website.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton