BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton teen is somewhat of an overachiever when it comes to being arrested. The teen — who likely doesn’t have a future in crime — was busted twice in two days by Boca police.
According to the PD:
On Thursday, July 4th at about 1:50 a.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of several suspicious males riding bicycles and looking into cars in the parking lot of 940 Sweetwater Lane.
When officers arrived they saw two males on bikes riding east on Sweetwater Lane. One male dropped his bike and took off running. The second male started to do the same, but stopped when the officer ordered him to. The male, identified as Logan Yannie, told officers he didn’t know the male who was with him. Yannie added that met up with a friend named Kevin and was going to his house in Highland Beach to hang out. Yannie gave conflicting stories about why he was in the area. The witness identified Yannie as one of the males seen looking into cars. Yannie was charged with loitering and prowling and was released with a court date.
On Friday, July 5th at about 2:30 a.m., officers met with two victims at the entrance to the Windwood development, who said their iPhones were taken from their home on SW 17th Court earlier in the evening. Both phones had tracking software and had pinged at 330 Olivewood Place. The victims said an acquaintance, Logan Yannie, had been at their house earlier and lived on Olivewood Place.
The officer made contact with Yannie’s mother and explained the situation. She said her son was sleeping and went to get him. When she returned, she had one of the victim’s cell phone, which she found next to Yannie. Officers then spoke with Yannie, who admitted to taking the phone, but said it was by mistake. He also admitted he made no attempt to return the phone. Yannie was arrested and charged with grand theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge