DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we reported concerning the fatal, three car accident that claimed the life of 57-year-old Delray Beach resident Fran Abel, police have clarified that Abel was NOT speeding at the time of the accident.
Abel — leaving Mizner Preserve on Jog Road, just south of Atlantic — apparently pulled into northbound traffic when she hit a 2010 Honda driven by 21-year-old Boca Raton resident Gregory Comon. Comon’s car spun around, hit a tree, then stopped in the middle of the road.
A third vehicle, a 2013 Hyundai driven by 21-year-old Amir Tabelzedah of Delray Beach was also heading northbound on Jog and slammed into Abel’s car.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says speed was a factor in the crash, but is not specifying now which car was speeding. There’s also no explanation as to why Abel left Mizner Preserve if Comon’s car was approaching in the “inside lane” which is the first northbound lane she would have entered.
Anyone with information or who witnessed the accident is still asked to call PBSO at 561-681-4535.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud