DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we reported concerning the fatal, three car accident that claimed the life of 57-year-old Delray Beach resident Fran Abel, police have clarified that Abel was NOT speeding at the time of the accident.
Abel — leaving Mizner Preserve on Jog Road, just south of Atlantic — apparently pulled into northbound traffic when she hit a 2010 Honda driven by 21-year-old Boca Raton resident Gregory Comon. Comon’s car spun around, hit a tree, then stopped in the middle of the road.
A third vehicle, a 2013 Hyundai driven by 21-year-old Amir Tabelzedah of Delray Beach was also heading northbound on Jog and slammed into Abel’s car.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says speed was a factor in the crash, but is not specifying now which car was speeding. There’s also no explanation as to why Abel left Mizner Preserve if Comon’s car was approaching in the “inside lane” which is the first northbound lane she would have entered.
Anyone with information or who witnessed the accident is still asked to call PBSO at 561-681-4535.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance