DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we reported concerning the fatal, three car accident that claimed the life of 57-year-old Delray Beach resident Fran Abel, police have clarified that Abel was NOT speeding at the time of the accident.
Abel — leaving Mizner Preserve on Jog Road, just south of Atlantic — apparently pulled into northbound traffic when she hit a 2010 Honda driven by 21-year-old Boca Raton resident Gregory Comon. Comon’s car spun around, hit a tree, then stopped in the middle of the road.
A third vehicle, a 2013 Hyundai driven by 21-year-old Amir Tabelzedah of Delray Beach was also heading northbound on Jog and slammed into Abel’s car.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says speed was a factor in the crash, but is not specifying now which car was speeding. There’s also no explanation as to why Abel left Mizner Preserve if Comon’s car was approaching in the “inside lane” which is the first northbound lane she would have entered.
Anyone with information or who witnessed the accident is still asked to call PBSO at 561-681-4535.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud