BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if it’s a new policy — like free cookies for kids — but Publix in Boca Raton offered a free Prilosec to a woman suffering from heartburn.
It wasn’t intentional, as it turns out. The woman, Sandra R. Rubin, was shopping and decided to take one Prilosec capsule from a container in the medicine aisle. Instead of buying the box, she put it back — now open and used.
Boca Raton police responded to the Publix — at 7431 North Federal Highway — and cited Rubin for Trespass. She wasn’t, however, cited for shoplifting. Turns out Publix has a heart that doesn’t burn with a desire to punish.
From the police: “Publix did not want to press charges because they felt bad about her heartburn.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge