BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if it’s a new policy — like free cookies for kids — but Publix in Boca Raton offered a free Prilosec to a woman suffering from heartburn.
It wasn’t intentional, as it turns out. The woman, Sandra R. Rubin, was shopping and decided to take one Prilosec capsule from a container in the medicine aisle. Instead of buying the box, she put it back — now open and used.
Boca Raton police responded to the Publix — at 7431 North Federal Highway — and cited Rubin for Trespass. She wasn’t, however, cited for shoplifting. Turns out Publix has a heart that doesn’t burn with a desire to punish.
From the police: “Publix did not want to press charges because they felt bad about her heartburn.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates