BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if it’s a new policy — like free cookies for kids — but Publix in Boca Raton offered a free Prilosec to a woman suffering from heartburn.
It wasn’t intentional, as it turns out. The woman, Sandra R. Rubin, was shopping and decided to take one Prilosec capsule from a container in the medicine aisle. Instead of buying the box, she put it back — now open and used.
Boca Raton police responded to the Publix — at 7431 North Federal Highway — and cited Rubin for Trespass. She wasn’t, however, cited for shoplifting. Turns out Publix has a heart that doesn’t burn with a desire to punish.
From the police: “Publix did not want to press charges because they felt bad about her heartburn.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again