BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The defense has rested and closing arguments are next, which means the trial of George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin is wrapping up.
Police throughout the area are watching the courtroom action very closely, preparing for any reaction that may result in crowds or unrest.
Broward Sheriff's Office has held a series of community meetings.
PBSO is following events from Sanford, and Boca PD tells us:
We are aware of the community interest in the trial. We will continue to monitor channels of communications including social media. We will continue to share information with other agencies from throughout South Florida.
The goal for all of these agencies: be prepared without being a catalyst for any post-verdict display of emotion.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified