BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The defense has rested and closing arguments are next, which means the trial of George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin is wrapping up.
Police throughout the area are watching the courtroom action very closely, preparing for any reaction that may result in crowds or unrest.
Broward Sheriff's Office has held a series of community meetings.
PBSO is following events from Sanford, and Boca PD tells us:
We are aware of the community interest in the trial. We will continue to monitor channels of communications including social media. We will continue to share information with other agencies from throughout South Florida.
The goal for all of these agencies: be prepared without being a catalyst for any post-verdict display of emotion.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton