BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The defense has rested and closing arguments are next, which means the trial of George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin is wrapping up.
Police throughout the area are watching the courtroom action very closely, preparing for any reaction that may result in crowds or unrest.
Broward Sheriff's Office has held a series of community meetings.
PBSO is following events from Sanford, and Boca PD tells us:
We are aware of the community interest in the trial. We will continue to monitor channels of communications including social media. We will continue to share information with other agencies from throughout South Florida.
The goal for all of these agencies: be prepared without being a catalyst for any post-verdict display of emotion.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday