DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A man cleaning houses in the area is now in police custody after he was allegedly caught — on video tape — swiping personal possessions from a house he was cleaning. Joshua Housen is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail.
According to the Delray Beach Police Department:
Delray Beach Police Detectives arrested Joshua Housen for Grand Theft and assisted other agencies in identifying him as a suspect in other cases in their jurisdictions. Through their investigation, Delray Beach Police Detectives developed Joshua Housen as a suspect in a case from July 5, 2013, where he removed property from a house in Delray Beach that he was hired to clean. On July 10, 2013, Detectives worked with the cleaning company owner to find out where Housen would be working that day. Detectives set up video equipment in the apartment and in an adjacent apartment and watched Joshua Housen remove property from the residence. Upon arrest, Detectives located the property that they saw him steal in his right sock. They also found property that they determined had been stolen from another residence located in Boca Raton. Joshua Housen told Detectives about other houses that he had been hired to clean and had removed property from. Detectives contacted the Boca Raton Police Department and they were able to make an arrest based on the Delray Beach Police Department’s Detective’s interview of Housen and the property found on him at the time of arrest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools