BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The board of directors for West Boca mega community Saturnia has taken the rare step of sending a “cease and desist” letter to a resident who has embarked on a campaign of raising allegations against the Board.
BocaNewsNow.com has spoken with Board president Stuart Shanefield who adamantly denies the allegations made by homeowner Berard Korn, a former Vice President of the community who held office more than a decade ago. Among the allegations: Saturnia plans to raise homeowner fees and a claim that the Board is actively working against Korn who seeks to regain office.
Shanefield says HOA fees are not set for an increase in the next year. Saturnia has one of the lowest fee bases in the area.
A recent election was canceled when there were not enough homeowners present to reach a “quorum,” or minimum presence to validate an election. That election is expected to take place in the next several weeks.
However, using association funds to hire an attorney to issue a “cease and desist letter” to a homeowner making claims is exceptionally rare and has been brought to the attention of the American Civil Liberties Union as a free speech issue.
Click here to read the letter in its entirety.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake