BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The board of directors for West Boca mega community Saturnia has taken the rare step of sending a “cease and desist” letter to a resident who has embarked on a campaign of raising allegations against the Board.
BocaNewsNow.com has spoken with Board president Stuart Shanefield who adamantly denies the allegations made by homeowner Berard Korn, a former Vice President of the community who held office more than a decade ago. Among the allegations: Saturnia plans to raise homeowner fees and a claim that the Board is actively working against Korn who seeks to regain office.
Shanefield says HOA fees are not set for an increase in the next year. Saturnia has one of the lowest fee bases in the area.
A recent election was canceled when there were not enough homeowners present to reach a “quorum,” or minimum presence to validate an election. That election is expected to take place in the next several weeks.
However, using association funds to hire an attorney to issue a “cease and desist letter” to a homeowner making claims is exceptionally rare and has been brought to the attention of the American Civil Liberties Union as a free speech issue.
Click here to read the letter in its entirety.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Surging In Palm Beach County Schools
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution