BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We dodged Chantal but expect a wet week through Boca Raton and South Palm Beach County, starting today with heavy thunderstorms this afternoon and a chance of flooding in low-lying areas. Here’s the latest from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY LATE THIS MORNING MAINLY ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS SOUTH OF ALLIGATOR ALLEY AND THEN INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND SPREAD NORTHWARD THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING, BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND URBAN TYPE FLOODING IN ISOLATED AREAS IS POSSIBLE. RIP CURRENTS: A SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST WIND OF 10 TO 15 MPH ALONG BOTH COASTS WILL RESULT IN A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE BEACHES. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY THE THREAT FOR AFTERNOON THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE FOR MUCH OF THE UPCOMING WEEK WITH THE GREATEST CHANCES BEING OVER THE INTERIOR AND SOUTHWEST COAST.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K