BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We dodged Chantal but expect a wet week through Boca Raton and South Palm Beach County, starting today with heavy thunderstorms this afternoon and a chance of flooding in low-lying areas. Here’s the latest from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY LATE THIS MORNING MAINLY ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS SOUTH OF ALLIGATOR ALLEY AND THEN INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND SPREAD NORTHWARD THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING, BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND URBAN TYPE FLOODING IN ISOLATED AREAS IS POSSIBLE. RIP CURRENTS: A SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST WIND OF 10 TO 15 MPH ALONG BOTH COASTS WILL RESULT IN A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE BEACHES. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY THE THREAT FOR AFTERNOON THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE FOR MUCH OF THE UPCOMING WEEK WITH THE GREATEST CHANCES BEING OVER THE INTERIOR AND SOUTHWEST COAST.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules