BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We dodged Chantal but expect a wet week through Boca Raton and South Palm Beach County, starting today with heavy thunderstorms this afternoon and a chance of flooding in low-lying areas. Here’s the latest from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY LATE THIS MORNING MAINLY ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS SOUTH OF ALLIGATOR ALLEY AND THEN INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND SPREAD NORTHWARD THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING, BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND URBAN TYPE FLOODING IN ISOLATED AREAS IS POSSIBLE. RIP CURRENTS: A SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST WIND OF 10 TO 15 MPH ALONG BOTH COASTS WILL RESULT IN A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE BEACHES. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY THE THREAT FOR AFTERNOON THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE FOR MUCH OF THE UPCOMING WEEK WITH THE GREATEST CHANCES BEING OVER THE INTERIOR AND SOUTHWEST COAST.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF