BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Reminding all that propane tanks are not harmless canisters that merely cook hotdogs and hamburgers, a tank caught fire a short time ago in West Boca and required a fast response from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
Responders tell us:
At 826pm units responded to reports of a structure fire on the 9700 block of Richmond Cir. in western Boca Raton. First arriving crews found a BBQ grill propane tank on fire behind the residence under a porch overhang. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and on investigation found no fire had extended to the actual structure. There were no reported injuries.
Always remember Grill Safety Tips:
1. Check the gas tank hose for leaks before using it for the first time each year. Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose. A propane leak will release bubbles. If your grill has a leak have it serviced by a professional before using it.
2. A grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhangs.
3. Always keep the grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
Follow these simple steps and enjoy safe grilling.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.