BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It has happened again. The Palm Beach Post, eager to report on events affecting people in Boca Raton, has misreported information regarding the highly publicized murders at Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall back in 2007. Killed were Nancy Bochicchio, 47, and her 7 year old daughter.
Boca Raton Police, in a strongly worded statement posted as a video on their website and on YouTube, calls the reporting “irresponsible.”
The paper attempted to connect the dots between the arrest of an FAU police officer and the murders.
In the statement, Boca Raton Police spokesperson Marc Economou said, “(the media reports state that) we have identified a new suspect. Let me be clear. We do not have a new suspect. Over the past six years, we have investigated hundreds of leads in this case. This person was brought to our attention two years ago. He was investigated, and is not of any more interest to us than any other lead.”
Proving that the media has become a world of “monkey see, monkey do,” television stations in the area also reported the Post’s story — a story which has apparently now been removed from the paper’s website.
Remember: for accurate news about Boca Raton, read BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn