BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It has happened again. The Palm Beach Post, eager to report on events affecting people in Boca Raton, has misreported information regarding the highly publicized murders at Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall back in 2007. Killed were Nancy Bochicchio, 47, and her 7 year old daughter.
Boca Raton Police, in a strongly worded statement posted as a video on their website and on YouTube, calls the reporting “irresponsible.”
The paper attempted to connect the dots between the arrest of an FAU police officer and the murders.
In the statement, Boca Raton Police spokesperson Marc Economou said, “(the media reports state that) we have identified a new suspect. Let me be clear. We do not have a new suspect. Over the past six years, we have investigated hundreds of leads in this case. This person was brought to our attention two years ago. He was investigated, and is not of any more interest to us than any other lead.”
Proving that the media has become a world of “monkey see, monkey do,” television stations in the area also reported the Post’s story — a story which has apparently now been removed from the paper’s website.
Remember: for accurate news about Boca Raton, read BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT