BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Cigarettes and cash — that's apparently what was snatched in two burglaries at are Kwik Stops.
According to Boca PD:
On Monday, July 16, Boca Raton Police officers were alerted to a burglary at about 1:50 a.m. when a witness walked by the Kwik Stop, 300 West Camino Real, and noticed the front door was shattered. The owner of the business responded and determined that about 50 cartons of cigarettes and an undetermined amount of cash had been taken.
Officers discovered the second burglary about 2:57 a.m., when they responded to an alarm at the Kwik Stop located at 1300 NW 7th St. When officers arrived, they found a window near the front door smashed. Officers checked the interior and discovered the office door had been pried. The owner responded and advised 25 cartons of cigarettes and cash were taken.
The store on NW 7 St has surveillance video, which shows at 2:15 a.m., a male wearing a black ski mask, black long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and sneakers walk up to the front of the store and hit the glass with an unknown object. The suspect hit the glass again, shattering the window. The suspect entered the store and crawled around the perimeter of the interior, avoiding the alarm sensors. About 15 minutes later, the suspect left the store through the broken window.
If anyone has information about either of these crimes, please call Detective Mark Horowitz at (561) 338-1392 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES