BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — When you think of fare hopping, you probably think of someone jumping the turnstile on the subway in New York City, or perhaps hiding from the conductor on Septa's R5 in Philadelphia. But it turns out, someone attempted to ride Tri-Rail without paying.
And this wasn't his first time.
Boca Raton Police arrested Scott Weinstein and charged him with transit fare evasion after a security guard on Tri-Rail asked him for a ticket. He allegedly didn't have one. And police say Weinstein had been warned and fined for the same offense before.
Jail records reveal that Weinstein has been arrested for theft, probation violation, and failing to appear in court previously.
He received a “notice to appear” for this latest alleged violation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct