BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest projection from the National Hurricane Center continues to have Florida in the direction of Tropical Storm Dorian’s path. Should it become an issue for Boca Raton and the extended area, start thinking mid-week next week. As we stress, this is not a time to panic or change plans, but just to be aware that it’s out there. Also note: while there is a storm in progress, we have moved our “feature” news to the lower section of our home page and will have frequent storm updates on the upper right of our home page.
Here’s the latest:
TROPICAL STORM DORIAN ADVISORY NUMBER 10
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042013
1100 AM AST FRI JUL 26 2013
…DORIAN REMAINS DISORGANIZED WHILE MOVING QUICKLY
SUMMARY OF 1100 AM AST…1500 UTC…INFORMATION
ABOUT 1295 MI…2085 KM E OF THE NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…50 MPH…85 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 21 MPH…33 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1006 MB…29.71 INCHES
WATCHES AND WARNINGS
THERE ARE NO COASTAL WATCHES OR WARNINGS IN EFFECT.
INTERESTS IN THE NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS SHOULD MONITOR THE
PROGRESS OF DORIAN.
DISCUSSION AND 48-HOUR OUTLOOK
AT 1100 AM AST…1500 UTC…THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM DORIAN WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 17.7 NORTH…LONGITUDE 43.4 WEST. DORIAN IS
MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 21 MPH…33 KM/H…AND A
GENERALLY WESTWARD MOTION AT A SLIGHTLY FASTER FORWARD SPEED IS
EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH…85 KM/H…WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATE THAT DORIAN IS NOT WELL
ORGANIZED…AND SOME WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT DAY OR
TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 60 MILES…95 KM
FROM THE CENTER.
THE ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1006 MB…29.71 INCHES.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens