BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Tropical Storm Dorian is no longer Tropical Storm Dorian. The storm — like so much in Boca — was flash over substance. (We jest).
Here's the final update from the National Hurricane Center.
WTNT44 KNHC 272032
REMNANTS OF DORIAN DISCUSSION NUMBER 15
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042013
500 PM AST SAT JUL 27 2013
ASCAT AMBIGUITY DATA FROM A FEW HOURS AGO INDICATED THAT DORIAN NO
LONGER HAD A CLOSED SURFACE CIRCULATION. THUS...THE TROPICAL
CYCLONE HAS SUCCUMBED TO THE HARSH ENVIRONMENT AND HAS DEGENERATED
INTO A TROPICAL WAVE. THE MAXIMUM WIND SPEED IS STILL ABOUT 35 KT
ACCORDING TO THE ASCAT PASS. REGENERATION OF THIS SYSTEM IS
UNLIKELY DUE TO PERSISTENT SOUTHWESTERLY SHEAR AND VERY DRY AIR IN
THE MID-LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE. THE REMNANTS OF DORIAN SHOULD
PASS NORTH OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDS AND PUERTO RICO...AND BE IN THE
VICINITY OF THE SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS IN 2-3 DAYS.
AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER PLANE IS SCHEDULED TO
INVESTIGATE THE WAVE TOMORROW...IF NECESSARY.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SYSTEM CAN BE FOUND IN HIGH SEAS
FORECASTS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE...UNDER AWIPS
HEADER NFDHSFAT1 AND WMO HEADER FZNT01 KWBC.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees