BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police early this morning arrested Graham Wilbert and charged him with DUI.
The former FAU quarterback is now a coach with the Owls while working as a graduate assistant at the school. Our friend Chuck King at FAUOwlAccess.com reported on Wilbert's job last month.
Wilbert recently was worked out by the New York Jets.
FAUOwlAccess.com obtained this quote from the school's athletic director, Pat Chun:
“We have been made aware of an incident involving Graham Wilbert. We have a standard of conduct for our coaches and staff that he failed to adhere. His arrest is very disappointing. This is a matter we take with great seriousness. This type of behavior puts innocent people at risk. Graham will be responsible for his actions with both the legal system as well as internal ramifications that will be determined by myself and Carl Pelini (FAU's head football coach).”
Wilbert was released from jail just before 10a this morning.
Check back throughout the day. We expect to obtain the officer's affidavit of probable cause revealing what exactly happened that led to his arrest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend