BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A baby playing with a lighter set an apartment on fire this afternoon in the City of Boca Raton despite a baby sitter being present.
There were no injuries.
Here’s the update from Boca Raton Fire Rescue:
At approximately 2:58 PM Boca Raton Firefighters responded to an apartment fire located at 1350 N. Dixie Highway, Unit 85. There were three minor children and their babysitter in the apartment at the time of the fire. Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services personnel found upon their arrival flames and smoke coming from a second floor window. The babysitter called 911 and reported that they we unable to put out the fire. Thanks to the quick actions of Boca Raton Firefighters the fire was confined to the second floor bedroom, but smoke damage was throughout the apartment. No injuries were reported and all occupants were able to exit the apartment safely. The babysitter said that the youngest of the three children was playing with a lighter and caught some paper on fire while she was downstairs cooking. The fire is under investigation by Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K