BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A baby playing with a lighter set an apartment on fire this afternoon in the City of Boca Raton despite a baby sitter being present.
There were no injuries.
Here’s the update from Boca Raton Fire Rescue:
At approximately 2:58 PM Boca Raton Firefighters responded to an apartment fire located at 1350 N. Dixie Highway, Unit 85. There were three minor children and their babysitter in the apartment at the time of the fire. Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services personnel found upon their arrival flames and smoke coming from a second floor window. The babysitter called 911 and reported that they we unable to put out the fire. Thanks to the quick actions of Boca Raton Firefighters the fire was confined to the second floor bedroom, but smoke damage was throughout the apartment. No injuries were reported and all occupants were able to exit the apartment safely. The babysitter said that the youngest of the three children was playing with a lighter and caught some paper on fire while she was downstairs cooking. The fire is under investigation by Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW