BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Tropical Storm Dorian — the storm that died over the weekend — still may come back to life as a new storm named Erin. This evening's update from the National Hurricane Center reports there is still a “medium” chance that the storm is reborn.
ABNT20 KNHC 292349
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT MON JUL 29 2013
FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...
A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE...THE REMNANTS OF DORIAN...IS PRODUCING
AN AREA OF CLOUDINESS AND DISORGANIZED SHOWER ACTIVITY A COUPLE OF
HUNDRED MILES NORTH OF PUERTO RICO. ALTHOUGH THIS DISTURBANCE HAS
A WELL-DEVELOPED CIRCULATION IN THE MIDDLE LEVELS OF THE
ATMOSPHERE...THERE ARE NO INDICATIONS OF A CLOSED SURFACE
CIRCULATION....AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT PARTICULARLY CONDUCIVE
FOR REGENERATION TO OCCUR OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. THIS SYSTEM
HAS A MEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE
DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD. SHOWERS
AND GUSTY WINDS TO NEAR GALE FORCE IN SQUALLS ARE EXPECTED TO STAY
WELL TO THE NORTH OF PUERTO RICO TONIGHT...AND COULD SPREAD ACROSS
THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS AND PORTIONS OF THE BAHAMAS TONIGHT
THROUGH WEDNESDAY. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SYSTEM CAN BE
FOUND IN HIGH SEAS FORECASTS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER
ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE
NEXT 48 HOURS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach