BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that hoards of Lexus owners throughout the Boca Raton area are receiving letters from JM Lexus GM Jim Dunn pleading with the owner to let JM Lexus buy the car. The letter states that the dealer is running out of cars and desperately needs yours as part of their “Golden Opportunity Sales Event.”
“We must purchase more vehicles for our pre-owned department…our intent (your name here) is to make a sincere, direct appeal to offer you premium trade-in or outright purchase dollars for your vehicle. We want to buy yours even if you do not buy ours!”
But BocaNewsNow.com saw a deal sheet up close and personal and was stunned to find that JM Lexus — so eager to buy back cars — is seemingly just playing dealer games.
In fact, on a 39-month lease with 14 months left, JM actually offered a “deal” that would have required the owner to pay off the entire lease. For example: if a monthly lease payment is $500, and there are 14 months left on the lease, JM’s offer was to buy the car at a price that would require the owner to pay $6,000.
Asked the owner, “why would I do this? I can either pay $6,000 over the next 14 months and keep the car for the next 14 months, or pay $6,000 and give you the car today and I have nothing. Why would I do this?”
While this is not a surprise for a car dealer, it is for JM Lexus which has a better reputation than most.
In an unofficial BocaNewsNow.com survey, the Lexus ES350 surpassed the BMW 3 series as the “Official Car of Boca Raton,” with drivers under 75 opting for black or gray, and drivers over 75 almost universally opting for “Satin Cashmere Metallic.”
What’s your JM Lexus experience?
Let us know. Post below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges