BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton's Town Center Mall is staying open extra late Friday night and Saturday night for shoppers to take advantage of the tax free holiday — and Sunday hours are extended as well.
The mall hours Friday and Saturday are 10a to 10p, and sunday 11a to 8p.
The tax free holiday runs Friday through Sunday.
Here are the rules, according to Florida's Department of Revenue:
Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as discretionary sales surtax)will be collected on sales of clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $75 or less peritem, on certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and on personal computers andcertain related accessories selling for $750 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial/home or personal use. This three-day tax holiday is in effect from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August2, 2013, through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 4, 2013. The exemption will apply no matter how many items are sold on the same invoice to a customer.
The exemption does not apply to any item of clothing selling for more than $75, to any school supply item selling for more than $15, or to any personal computer or related accessory sellingfor more than $750.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children