BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We received a ‘head’s up’ this morning that WPLG-TV, the abc affiliate in Miami, is spamming Boca Raton attorneys today with an email that starts, “WPLG Local 10 Invites You To Our Studios.”
Apparently trying to impress attorneys with a visit to a television station, the email proceeds to sell Boca lawyers on the idea of an infomercial and video presentation on a website called “TheLaw.TV.”
WPLG is owned by Post Newsweek which is a partner in “TheLaw.TV,” a website which analytics service Alexa ranks as 627,752.
BocaNewsNow.com ranks higher based on page views.
The email, signed by WPLG General Manager Dave Boylan, says that attorneys need to act fast because there are only limited opportunities available to meet with sales reps. However, the email contradicts itself by reporting that slots are open at 8a, 10a, 12a, 2p, 4p and 6p on Wednesday and Thursday, August 21st and 22nd.
According to the email: “You’ll be very surprised to see a unique plan WPLG/Local 10, the top-ranked ABC affiliate, put together to help generate new business for your firm.”
Mused one observer, “perhaps it will be as professional as the morning anchor team that posted a pouty-faced photo upon losing a multi-million dollar lottery.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday