POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It has taken nearly three years but the Broward Sheriff's Office today charged John Snavely of Miami with the brutal murder of Washington, DC-area communications executive Sam Del Brocco.
Investigators say Del Brocco, who owned a house in Pompano Beach but called Alexandria, VA home invited Snavlely to his home the evening he was killed.
According to police:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have arrested the man responsible for the murder of a Washington, D.C. area businessman.
It’s been almost three years since Samuel Del Brocco, who traveled to South Florida several times a month, was found dead in his Pompano Beach home.
On September 12, 2010, BSO deputies responded to 1770 Bay Drive to conduct a welfare check after receiving a 911 call shortly after 9 p.m. from an out-of-town woman who was concerned after not hearing from Del Brocco. When deputies arrived, they found his deceased body in the master bedroom.
An autopsy performed by the Broward Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that Del Brocco had been killed as a result of multiple stab wounds.
Investigators said Del Brocco lived in Virginia but took frequent trips to his residence in Pompano Beach. He was the President and CEO of PCI Communications, a communications and strategy company headquartered in Washington, D.C.
It’s during one of those trips, detectives said Del Brocco met John Snavely and took Snavely home with him.
Snavely is currently in jail in Saint Lucie County on violation of probation charges. He faces one count of second-degree murder for his involvement in Del Brocco’s murder.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach