BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Five years after the murders of Boca Raton's Nancy Bochicchio and her daughter Joey in a parking lot at Town Center Mall and the Simon-owned (NYSE:SPG) shopping center apparently still has sizable blind spots not covered by security or surveillance cameras.
Boca Raton Police report that a two door Hyundai owned by a Bloomingdale's employee was burglarized of loose change and a collection of “Liberace Cassette Tapes” while parked on the top floor of the Bloomingdale's garage. It happened Saturday between 2p and 9:30p.
The theft — except likely for the owner — is insignificant. But what it reveals about security at the mall is potentially troubling to anyone who shops there.
The car was pried open during the mall's operating hours, yet no one apparently noticed. It wasn't reported until after the employee's shift was over.
The report also reveals that security cameras are “inoperable in that area of the garage,” a surprising revelation for the mall that is still scarred by the December, 2007 murders which remain unsolved.
While Boca Raton Police patrol the mall and operate a sub-station on property, Simon Property Group is responsible for patrolling the mall, parking lots and garages with its own security force.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected