BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Five years after the murders of Boca Raton's Nancy Bochicchio and her daughter Joey in a parking lot at Town Center Mall and the Simon-owned (NYSE:SPG) shopping center apparently still has sizable blind spots not covered by security or surveillance cameras.
Boca Raton Police report that a two door Hyundai owned by a Bloomingdale's employee was burglarized of loose change and a collection of “Liberace Cassette Tapes” while parked on the top floor of the Bloomingdale's garage. It happened Saturday between 2p and 9:30p.
The theft — except likely for the owner — is insignificant. But what it reveals about security at the mall is potentially troubling to anyone who shops there.
The car was pried open during the mall's operating hours, yet no one apparently noticed. It wasn't reported until after the employee's shift was over.
The report also reveals that security cameras are “inoperable in that area of the garage,” a surprising revelation for the mall that is still scarred by the December, 2007 murders which remain unsolved.
While Boca Raton Police patrol the mall and operate a sub-station on property, Simon Property Group is responsible for patrolling the mall, parking lots and garages with its own security force.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn