DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Delray Beach tonight are asking for help from anyone who may have witnessed a fatal accident Friday afternoon.
From Delray Beach PD:
On August 9, 2013 at about 5:28 pm, there was a two car crash in front of Rashed’s Convenience Store located at 3300 South Dixie Highway. This crash involved a four door sedan and a motorcycle. As a result of the crash the motorcyclist, 19 year old Cristofor Robert Javier Jerez, suffered life threatening injuries and died at the scene. The driver of the sedan was treated at the scene for non- life threatening injuries.
It is believed that the motorcycle was traveling north on Dixie Highway, at a high rate of speed, when it collided with the sedan. The sedan was facing south and attempted to turn left into the parking lot of the convenience store when it was struck by the motorcycle. Upon impact, Mr. Jerez was ejected from the motorcycle. Mr. Jerez was wearing a helmet.
The Delray Beach Police Department is asking that anyone with information or anyone that may have witnessed the crash, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Justin Reed at 561-243-7800.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn