DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Delray Beach tonight are asking for help from anyone who may have witnessed a fatal accident Friday afternoon.
From Delray Beach PD:
On August 9, 2013 at about 5:28 pm, there was a two car crash in front of Rashed’s Convenience Store located at 3300 South Dixie Highway. This crash involved a four door sedan and a motorcycle. As a result of the crash the motorcyclist, 19 year old Cristofor Robert Javier Jerez, suffered life threatening injuries and died at the scene. The driver of the sedan was treated at the scene for non- life threatening injuries.
It is believed that the motorcycle was traveling north on Dixie Highway, at a high rate of speed, when it collided with the sedan. The sedan was facing south and attempted to turn left into the parking lot of the convenience store when it was struck by the motorcycle. Upon impact, Mr. Jerez was ejected from the motorcycle. Mr. Jerez was wearing a helmet.
The Delray Beach Police Department is asking that anyone with information or anyone that may have witnessed the crash, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Justin Reed at 561-243-7800.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School