BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has charged 17 year old Desmond Washington with several very serious charges ranging from kidnapping to armed robbery. Based on information BocaNewsNow.com received in mid-July, it appears that Washington was originally charged as a juvenile but those charges have now apparently been elevated to adult status.
Washington, according to a police spokesperson, was involved in a mid-July armed robbery to someone in the 18000 block of Cloud Lake Circle.
According to his now public arrest report, Washington is being held on one count of “robbery with a firearm,” “kidnap – false imprisonment — adult or child under 13 years of age,” “aggravated battery — person uses a deadly weapon,” and “weapon offense — under 18 years-of-age unlawful possession of a firearm.”
No bond — at this point — is being allowed on the kidnap and robbery charges.
Washington, in a recent Facebook post that may or may not be related to his arrest, wrote “you gonna need a f—–g army to stop us.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation