BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has charged 17 year old Desmond Washington with several very serious charges ranging from kidnapping to armed robbery. Based on information BocaNewsNow.com received in mid-July, it appears that Washington was originally charged as a juvenile but those charges have now apparently been elevated to adult status.
Washington, according to a police spokesperson, was involved in a mid-July armed robbery to someone in the 18000 block of Cloud Lake Circle.
According to his now public arrest report, Washington is being held on one count of “robbery with a firearm,” “kidnap – false imprisonment — adult or child under 13 years of age,” “aggravated battery — person uses a deadly weapon,” and “weapon offense — under 18 years-of-age unlawful possession of a firearm.”
No bond — at this point — is being allowed on the kidnap and robbery charges.
Washington, in a recent Facebook post that may or may not be related to his arrest, wrote “you gonna need a f—–g army to stop us.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K