BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don't mince words here at BocaNewsNow.com. You'll never catch us reporting that someone has “passed away” or “has gone to a better place.” Nope. Death is death around here, and Tropical Storm Erin is now dead.
The official cause of death is wind shear, although we know she was depressed for a while.
Here's the update from the National Hurricane Center about the storm's death:
ERIN HAS LACKED DEEP CONVECTION WITHIN 120 N MI OF ITS CENTER FOR
OVER 12 HOURS...AND NO LONGER QUALIFIES AS A TROPICAL CYCLONE.
THEREFORE...ADVISORIES ARE BEING DISCONTINUED AT THIS TIME. THE
SHIPS/LGEM GUIDANCE INDICATES VERY DRY LOW- TO MID-TROPOSPHERIC AIR
IN THE PATH OF THE REMNANT LOW WHICH SHOULD DISCOURAGE ATTEMPTS AT
THE LOW HAS BEEN MOVING SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF WEST...OR 260/7...WITHIN
THE TRADEWIND FLOW. THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE
UNTIL THE CYCLONE LOSES ITS IDENTITY IN A FEW DAYS. THE OFFICIAL
TRACK FORECAST IS A LITTLE SOUTH OF THE PREVIOUS ONE AND NEAR THE
NORTHERN SIDE OF THE DYNAMICAL GUIDANCE SUITE.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SYSTEM CAN BE FOUND IN HIGH SEAS
FORECASTS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE...UNDER AWIPS
HEADER NFDHSFAT1 AND WMO HEADER FZNT01 KWBC.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?