BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School starts Monday in Palm Beach County which means a return of flashing yellow lights and the police who are often ready to write tickets to drivers who think the rules don't apply to them.
A reminder: speeding in a school zone automatically doubles whatever fine you would normally receive for speeding.
As a public service, here's what you can expect to pay based on how fast you're driving in a school zone when you get stopped. Also expect 3 or 4 points on your license:
1-9 mph over the limit: $156.00
10-14 mph over the limit: $306.00
15-19 mph over the limit: $406.00
20-29 mph over the limit: $456.00
30+ mph over the limit: $610.00
Passing a school bus while its loading or unloading kids is also a 4-point offense and very expensive.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19