BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School starts Monday in Palm Beach County which means a return of flashing yellow lights and the police who are often ready to write tickets to drivers who think the rules don't apply to them.
A reminder: speeding in a school zone automatically doubles whatever fine you would normally receive for speeding.
As a public service, here's what you can expect to pay based on how fast you're driving in a school zone when you get stopped. Also expect 3 or 4 points on your license:
1-9 mph over the limit: $156.00
10-14 mph over the limit: $306.00
15-19 mph over the limit: $406.00
20-29 mph over the limit: $456.00
30+ mph over the limit: $610.00
Passing a school bus while its loading or unloading kids is also a 4-point offense and very expensive.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two More Systems Forming
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical
- Boynton Beach Man Arrested In Maryland For Local Murder