BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School starts Monday in Palm Beach County which means a return of flashing yellow lights and the police who are often ready to write tickets to drivers who think the rules don't apply to them.
A reminder: speeding in a school zone automatically doubles whatever fine you would normally receive for speeding.
As a public service, here's what you can expect to pay based on how fast you're driving in a school zone when you get stopped. Also expect 3 or 4 points on your license:
1-9 mph over the limit: $156.00
10-14 mph over the limit: $306.00
15-19 mph over the limit: $406.00
20-29 mph over the limit: $456.00
30+ mph over the limit: $610.00
Passing a school bus while its loading or unloading kids is also a 4-point offense and very expensive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home