BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School starts Monday in Palm Beach County which means a return of flashing yellow lights and the police who are often ready to write tickets to drivers who think the rules don't apply to them.
A reminder: speeding in a school zone automatically doubles whatever fine you would normally receive for speeding.
As a public service, here's what you can expect to pay based on how fast you're driving in a school zone when you get stopped. Also expect 3 or 4 points on your license:
1-9 mph over the limit: $156.00
10-14 mph over the limit: $306.00
15-19 mph over the limit: $406.00
20-29 mph over the limit: $456.00
30+ mph over the limit: $610.00
Passing a school bus while its loading or unloading kids is also a 4-point offense and very expensive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police