BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The silence has been broken and the Atlantic basin is alive — two, count ’em — two storms are now brewing. It’s unclear whether either will impact the greater Boca Raton region, but if you have been starved of hyper-crazy-nuts storm coverage, get ready because it’s going to start — although Humberto is barely off the coast of Africa.
The National Hurricane Center says:
HUMBERTO CONTINUES TO STEADILY STRENGTHEN. SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATE
THAT THE ASSOCIATED BANDING FEATURES HAVE BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED
AND MORE SYMMETRIC AROUND THE CENTER…INDICATING THAT VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR IS DECREASING OVER THE CYCLONE. DVORAK CLASSIFICATIONS
FROM TAFB AND SAB WERE BOTH T3.5 AND UW-CIMSS ADT VALUES ARE ABOUT
THE SAME. BASED ON THESE ESTIMATES…THE INITIAL WIND SPEED IS
INCREASED TO 55 KT.
THE TROPICAL STORM IS GRADUALLY TURNING TO THE RIGHT…AND THE
LATEST INITIAL MOTION ESTIMATE IS 295/8. A TURN TO THE NORTHWEST IS
EXPECTED TODAY…FOLLOWED BY A NORTHWARD MOTION ON WEDNESDAY. THIS
ABRUPT CHANGE IN THE FORECAST STORM MOTION IS DUE TO A BREAK DOWN
OF THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE THAT WILL BE CAUSED BY A MID- TO
UPPER-LEVEL LOW MOVING SOUTHWARD OVER THE CENTRAL ATLANTIC AND
ANOTHER LOW BETWEEN THE CANARY ISLANDS AND THE AZORES. A SHARP
WESTWARD TURN IS FORECAST TO OCCUR IN ABOUT 4 DAYS WHEN THE RIDGE
BECOMES RE-ESTABLISHED. THE NHC TRACK FORECAST IS IN FAIR AGREEMENT
GIVEN THE PRONOUNCED HEADING CHANGES…AND THE LATEST OFFICIAL
FORECAST IS CLOSE TO THE MULTI-MODEL CONSENSUS TVCA.
Also, Tropical Storm Gabrielle is churning in the area of Bermuda, but unless you live in Newfoundland, it’s unlikely that you will be affected.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot