BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman was rushed tonight to West Boca Medica Center after driving her car into a canal near Palmetto Park and St. Andrew's Blvd.
According to Palm Beach County Fire Rescue:
At 929 units responded to reports of a vehicle in a canal at W. Palmetto Park and St Andrews Blvd. Callers stated they witnessed the vehicle go into the canal and that the occupant was still inside. First arriving fire crews found a single vehicle accident, car in a canal.
The vehicle was sitting in a shallow canal, in 3 feet of water. Occupant was trapped inside the vehicle, with water up to her waist and unable get out. Firefighters entered the canal and were able to extricate the patient from the vehicle while in the water.
The patient was carried back to shore by firefighters and evaluated for injuries. The patient has been transported to West Boca medical center for treatment of her injuries.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY