BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A tropical system is growing near the Bay of Campeche and may evolve into a system to watch in the next two days.
From the National Hurricane Center:
A 1004 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE NEAR
20N93W. THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY INLAND S-SE MEXICO AND
GUATEMALA MERGED TO FORM A CLUSTER OF MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE S OF 20N BETWEEN 91W-94W.
CONDITIONS STILL APPEAR CONDUCIVE FOR THE FORMATION OF A
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO…AND AN AIR
FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT IS SCHEDULED TO
INVESTIGATE THE LOW THIS AFTERNOON…IF NECESSARY. THIS SYSTEM
HAS A HIGH CHANCE OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT
48 HOURS WHILE IT MOVES TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST TO NORTHWESTWARD.
THIS DISTURBANCE WILL LIKELY SPREAD HEAVY RAIN OVER PORTIONS OF
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN MEXICO AND COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING
FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES OVER AREAS ALREADY IMPACTED BY TORRENTIAL
RAIN DURING THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge