BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A tropical system is growing near the Bay of Campeche and may evolve into a system to watch in the next two days.
From the National Hurricane Center:
A 1004 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE NEAR
20N93W. THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY INLAND S-SE MEXICO AND
GUATEMALA MERGED TO FORM A CLUSTER OF MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE S OF 20N BETWEEN 91W-94W.
CONDITIONS STILL APPEAR CONDUCIVE FOR THE FORMATION OF A
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO…AND AN AIR
FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT IS SCHEDULED TO
INVESTIGATE THE LOW THIS AFTERNOON…IF NECESSARY. THIS SYSTEM
HAS A HIGH CHANCE OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT
48 HOURS WHILE IT MOVES TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST TO NORTHWESTWARD.
THIS DISTURBANCE WILL LIKELY SPREAD HEAVY RAIN OVER PORTIONS OF
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN MEXICO AND COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING
FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES OVER AREAS ALREADY IMPACTED BY TORRENTIAL
RAIN DURING THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks