BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A tropical system is growing near the Bay of Campeche and may evolve into a system to watch in the next two days.
From the National Hurricane Center:
A 1004 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE NEAR
20N93W. THE CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY INLAND S-SE MEXICO AND
GUATEMALA MERGED TO FORM A CLUSTER OF MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG
CONVECTION OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE S OF 20N BETWEEN 91W-94W.
CONDITIONS STILL APPEAR CONDUCIVE FOR THE FORMATION OF A
TROPICAL DEPRESSION DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO…AND AN AIR
FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT IS SCHEDULED TO
INVESTIGATE THE LOW THIS AFTERNOON…IF NECESSARY. THIS SYSTEM
HAS A HIGH CHANCE OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT
48 HOURS WHILE IT MOVES TO THE WEST-NORTHWEST TO NORTHWESTWARD.
THIS DISTURBANCE WILL LIKELY SPREAD HEAVY RAIN OVER PORTIONS OF
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN MEXICO AND COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING
FLOODS AND MUDSLIDES OVER AREAS ALREADY IMPACTED BY TORRENTIAL
RAIN DURING THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton