BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Weathet Service says strong storms are developing throughout Boca tonight, and the turbulent first day of Fall weather is likely to continue through the overnight hours.
At 8:43pm, loud thunder with lightning is moving into West Boca Raton.
From the NWS:
SHORT TERM FORECASTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL813 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2013AMZ610-650-670-FLZ067-068-071-072-168-172-240300-LAKE OKEECHOBEE-COASTAL WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL OUT 20 NM-WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL EXTENDING FROM20 NM TO 60 NM-INLAND PALM BEACH-METRO PALM BEACH-INLAND BROWARD-METRO BROWARD-COASTAL PALM BEACH-COASTAL BROWARD-813 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2013.NOW…SCATTERED HEAVY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUETO MOVE NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH AND BROWARDCOUNTIES AND LAKE OKEECHOBEE THROUGH THE MID EVENING HOURS. THESTRONGEST STORMS ARE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING OCCASIONAL LIGHTNINGSTRIKES AND HEAVY RAINFALL. ANOTHER BATCH OF HEAVY SHOWERS ANDSTORMS ARE APPROACHING FROM THE SOUTH ACROSS THE STRAITS AND WILLNEED TO BE MONITORED THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD.$$
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless