BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Weathet Service says strong storms are developing throughout Boca tonight, and the turbulent first day of Fall weather is likely to continue through the overnight hours.
At 8:43pm, loud thunder with lightning is moving into West Boca Raton.
From the NWS:
SHORT TERM FORECASTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL813 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2013AMZ610-650-670-FLZ067-068-071-072-168-172-240300-LAKE OKEECHOBEE-COASTAL WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL OUT 20 NM-WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL EXTENDING FROM20 NM TO 60 NM-INLAND PALM BEACH-METRO PALM BEACH-INLAND BROWARD-METRO BROWARD-COASTAL PALM BEACH-COASTAL BROWARD-813 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2013.NOW…SCATTERED HEAVY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUETO MOVE NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH AND BROWARDCOUNTIES AND LAKE OKEECHOBEE THROUGH THE MID EVENING HOURS. THESTRONGEST STORMS ARE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING OCCASIONAL LIGHTNINGSTRIKES AND HEAVY RAINFALL. ANOTHER BATCH OF HEAVY SHOWERS ANDSTORMS ARE APPROACHING FROM THE SOUTH ACROSS THE STRAITS AND WILLNEED TO BE MONITORED THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD.$$
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified