BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Frustrated students and staffers at Florida Atlantic University's Boca Raton campus will soon be a little less frustrated when trying to use iPhones on the AT&T network. AT&T is planning a major upgrade to its wireless systems that serve the FAU campus. The upgrade should be completed next year.
According to AT&T:
A DAS installation consists of multiple strategically-placed antennas that will distribute AT&T’s wireless network coverage throughout FAU. The result should be a better wireless experience in heavily-trafficked areas of the campus. A DAS has the ability to provide improved, more consistent wireless coverage to customers in indoor and outdoor spaces where geographical limitations, such as terrain, building construction, etc. or crowd density might otherwise prevent the optimal wireless experience.
The additional capacity that will be provided by the FAU DAS’ also is expected to help improve call reliability, boost data traffic capacity and provide for better network connectivity on the campus.
AT&T will complete the FAU DAS project in several phases. Phase one is expected to cover academic buildings, including the Innovation Village residence hall, S.E. Wimberly Library and the Student Union. Once completed, AT&T will open the DAS’ to other wireless companies, providing improved coverage to all students, faculty staff and visitors if their provider elects to join the DAS network.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District