BY: ANDREW COLTON
Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a Grand Jury cleared Boca Raton Police Officer Brian Pare in the March 11th shooting death of Florida Atlantic University student Adam Donohue, leading the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office to close its investigation. The Grand Jury determined that Pare used justifiable force when he killed the 20-year-old.
Donohue, according to police and eyewitnesses, was shot and killed after he allegedly tried but failed to carjack a Comcast worker, then carjacked a taxicab in the area of NW4th Avenue and 20th Street. What led the young man described by friends and family as peaceful and well-behaved to launch his rampage remains unclear.
Pare, a former FAU student and Owls football player himself, has been reinstated to full duty. He was sidelined, with full pay, during the investigation.
Donohue, who a background check revealed lived in Iowa, the Tampa area, Boca Raton and Delray Beach, is seen holding a gun in the Facebook photo seen here. Friends and family say the photo was taken while he was playing a video game. He is a former FAU wrestler and had no criminal history at the time of his death.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida