UPDATED: 9:45pm ***THIS IS CONFIRMED AS A DOUBLE, POLICE-INVOLVED SHOOTING. CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST.***
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting an update from Boca Raton Police but have learned from several tipsters that a shooting investigation is underway on A1A south of Palmetto Park Road. We are told it's in the area of 500 South Ocean Blvd.
It is unclear at this time whether there are injuries or whether this was a police involved event.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has reported on Twitter that it has been asked to asssit — that frequently, although not always, suggests a police involved shooting. PBSO investigates police involved shootings in Palm Beach County jurisdictions where it does not patrol.
The area is closed off — seek alternate routes if you are heading in the direction of A1A and Palmetto Park. Tipsters: have photos? Send them to news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
THIS IS DATED: PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST ON THE POLICE INVOLVED SHOOTING.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School