BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Court records reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com reveal neither Germana Burlakoff — killed by her husband Ian — or Ian Burlakoff, killed by Boca Raton Police — had a history of criminal violence. Aside from a notable number of traffic violations between the two of them, records relating to their personal conduct were insignificant. Their divorce was proceeding without physical violence or domestic abuse orders.
However, Ian Burlakoff had significant issues with his former wife, Alicia. In 2002, Burlakoff sought a domestic violence protection order against Alicia Burlakoff — apparently for an issue involving children. The judge refused to issue the order, writing:
“Order denying petition for injunction against domestic violence. No violence alleged. This situation needs to be handled in family court or juvenile court, but this is not an injunction.”
Alicia Burlakoff then sought a domestic violence protection order against Ian Burlakoff. That too was denied.
Significant child custody issues followed.
The divorce was finalized in early 2003.
Also revealed in court records: Germana and Ian Burlakoff were in the final stages of foreclosure on their home in The Oaks in West Boca Raton. A judge had just ordered the sale of their home — valued at approximately $1.2-Million — in the weeks before the murder/suicide-by-cop.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is now investigating — what witnesses say — was Ian Burlakoff’s murder of Germana, as well as the Boca Raton Police Officer’s shooting death of Ian after he allegedly pointed a gun at police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days