BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that area Chiropractor Matthew Supran, jailed on a charge of child abuse, allegedly attacked a young child during a youth hockey game in front of several witnesses in Lake Worth.
According to the affidavit of probable cause written by the arresting officer:
“Upon my arrival I met with the 14-year-old victim who told me that he was playing hockey and accidentally elbowed Alex Supran from the opposing team. A penalty was called by the referee. The victim said that Alex’s father, identified as Matthew Charles Supran W/M 10/04/69, came on the ice, punched him in the face, and slammed his head against the glass. He said the referees and coaches had to remove Mr. Supran off him.
The mother and step-father (of the victim) both filled out sworn statements and told me they observed Matthew Supran run across the ice, hit (the victim) on the head, and slammed his head against the glass. They said that he then shoved (the victim) to the ground. The referees and coaches had to remove him off the victim.
Tristan B. Dresseit, the referee of the game, also filled out a sworn statement and told me that (the victim) made a play that resulted in a five minute penalty. He said that it was not a malicious play. The player who was hit, Alex Supran, fell face down on the ice. The father of the injured player, Matthew Supran, then ran across the ice and struck the victim. He then grabbed the child’s face mask, slammed his head into the boards and fell on top of him. Dresseit stated that he and a coach had to pull the defendant off the player.”
Supran was released from the Palm Beach County Jail late Wednesday night on $3,000 bond.
BocaNewsNow.com was contacted independently by a relative of the victim who confirms the account. We are not publishing the email in an effort to maintain the confidentiality of the victim. We have requested the video from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected