BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The forecast for former WPTV-TV5 weathercaster Rob Lopicola is more time in jail, with a 50 percent chance that he'll be in his 60s before he's free. The 43-year-old was found guilty of computer child pornography and child exploitation, as well as using a computer to seduce a minor while mispresenting his age.
Lopicola was acquitted of what was considered the most solacious charge: performing oral sex on a 15 year old male in Boca Raton.
He may face trial on other charges involving sexual misconduct with a teen — prosecutors were apparently awaiting the outcome of this trial before deciding whether to pursue additional court expense.
Lopicola will be sentenced in December. Having already spent a more than a year in jail awaiting trial, he could be sentenced to anywhere from just under two years to nearly 19 years behind bars.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care