BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The forecast for former WPTV-TV5 weathercaster Rob Lopicola is more time in jail, with a 50 percent chance that he'll be in his 60s before he's free. The 43-year-old was found guilty of computer child pornography and child exploitation, as well as using a computer to seduce a minor while mispresenting his age.
Lopicola was acquitted of what was considered the most solacious charge: performing oral sex on a 15 year old male in Boca Raton.
He may face trial on other charges involving sexual misconduct with a teen — prosecutors were apparently awaiting the outcome of this trial before deciding whether to pursue additional court expense.
Lopicola will be sentenced in December. Having already spent a more than a year in jail awaiting trial, he could be sentenced to anywhere from just under two years to nearly 19 years behind bars.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint