BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The forecast for former WPTV-TV5 weathercaster Rob Lopicola is more time in jail, with a 50 percent chance that he'll be in his 60s before he's free. The 43-year-old was found guilty of computer child pornography and child exploitation, as well as using a computer to seduce a minor while mispresenting his age.
Lopicola was acquitted of what was considered the most solacious charge: performing oral sex on a 15 year old male in Boca Raton.
He may face trial on other charges involving sexual misconduct with a teen — prosecutors were apparently awaiting the outcome of this trial before deciding whether to pursue additional court expense.
Lopicola will be sentenced in December. Having already spent a more than a year in jail awaiting trial, he could be sentenced to anywhere from just under two years to nearly 19 years behind bars.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record