BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Like a slow drip IV, the honors keep trickling in for Boca Raton Regional Hospital. The latest comes from the “Joint Commission,” a major accredit or of healthcare providers.
Officials at Boca Raton Regional Hospital announced today that the Hospital has been named a “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®“ by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States. Boca Regional was recognized by The Joint Commission for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that have been shown to improve care for certain conditions.
Evidence-based medicine is the integration of individual clinical expertise with the best external clinical evidence drawn from systematic research.
Only one third of over 1,000 hospitals surveyed by The Joint Commission earned the “Top Performer” distinction. Boca Regional was recognized for its achievements in the treatment of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The ratings are based on accountability measure data reported to The Joint Commission during the 2012 calendar year.
Hospitals named as “Top Performers” must achieve cumulative performance of 95 percent or above across a series of the established accountability measures. A 95 percent score means a hospital provided evidence–based practice 95 times out of 100 opportunities.
“We understand that what is of paramount importance to our patients is safe, effective care,” said Charles Posternack, MD and Chief Medical Officer at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. “We’ve made an institutional–wide commitment to accreditation and positive patient outcomes through evidence-based processes. We’re extremely gratified to see our efforts—and our success—in this regard recognized in such a significant and meaningful way.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District