BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Wednesday night was a very bad night for Julie Lauren Newman. The 35 year old Boca Raton resident didn’t just crash into a marked Boca Raton Police Car, but couldn’t recite the alphabet past the letter “F” when police conducted a field sobriety test.
It was all caught on a police car’s surveillance camera.
Newman admitted to having “three wines” after work at Flannigan’s then getting behind the wheel of her car. All was fine until she drove onto Camino Gardens Blvd. Officers were already there, loading prisoner into the marked Boca Police Car. Flashers were on. A door was open. According to police. Newman drove into the bike lane — where the police car was parked — and managed to sideswipe the police car’s door.
Newman’s blood alcohol content was tested at .219 and .216 — just under three times the legal limit.
She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on a charge of DUI that led to a property damage accident.
She’ll be in court on December 2nd.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors