BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Wednesday night was a very bad night for Julie Lauren Newman. The 35 year old Boca Raton resident didn’t just crash into a marked Boca Raton Police Car, but couldn’t recite the alphabet past the letter “F” when police conducted a field sobriety test.
It was all caught on a police car’s surveillance camera.
Newman admitted to having “three wines” after work at Flannigan’s then getting behind the wheel of her car. All was fine until she drove onto Camino Gardens Blvd. Officers were already there, loading prisoner into the marked Boca Police Car. Flashers were on. A door was open. According to police. Newman drove into the bike lane — where the police car was parked — and managed to sideswipe the police car’s door.
Newman’s blood alcohol content was tested at .219 and .216 — just under three times the legal limit.
She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on a charge of DUI that led to a property damage accident.
She’ll be in court on December 2nd.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash