BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Community High School student Akaash Mohan is the future of math and science — and a proud representative of the region. Akaash was just named a “Sunshine State Scholar.”
From the Palm Beach County School District:
The Sunshine State Scholar Program was founded in 1997 through the efforts of the Florida Department of Education, the Florida Education Foundation, and Florida universities. The goals of this program are to recognize student achievement and to increase the number of students with outstanding mathematics and science credentials who choose to attend Florida colleges and universities.
Each district high school was invited to select one junior, distinguished in both mathematics and science. Using the academic and extracurricular history of the School Scholars, as well as the results of mathematics and science assessments administered on October 31, 2013, two District Scholars were selected. The District Scholars are:
Akaash Mohan, Boca Raton Community High School, son of MJ Mohan and Simi Marwaha.
Meera Radhakrishnan, Atlantic Community High School, daughter of Meena and Ramesh Radhakrishnan.
Akaash and Meera have both excelled academically by participating in Mu Alpha Theta, the mathematics honor society, and completing multiple Advanced Placement courses in mathematics and science.
The District Scholars, together with their parents and a science or mathematics teacher of each student’s choice, will be invited to a recognition ceremony in Orlando, Florida onFebruary 13-14, 2014. Students will be recognized for their academic achievements and have the opportunity to meet with recruiters from Florida colleges and universities.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School
- Man Charged With Intent To Sell Nearly 2 Pounds Of Pot Near Boca Raton High School
- CVS OPENS COVID-19 SHOT APPOINTMENTS
- Military Vet, In Fatigues, Threatens Attack In Boca Raton
- No Publix COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Today
- IRONY: DeSantis Orders Flag Lowered For Limbaugh At Courthouse Where He Faced Drug Charge
- WHO IS SHE? Woman Wanted For Check Fraud At Boca Raton Banks
- PBSO Identifies I-95 Shooting Victim
- DeSantis Says CVS Now Offering Shots, But Just One In Palm Beach County