BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Community High School student Akaash Mohan is the future of math and science — and a proud representative of the region. Akaash was just named a “Sunshine State Scholar.”
From the Palm Beach County School District:
The Sunshine State Scholar Program was founded in 1997 through the efforts of the Florida Department of Education, the Florida Education Foundation, and Florida universities. The goals of this program are to recognize student achievement and to increase the number of students with outstanding mathematics and science credentials who choose to attend Florida colleges and universities.
Each district high school was invited to select one junior, distinguished in both mathematics and science. Using the academic and extracurricular history of the School Scholars, as well as the results of mathematics and science assessments administered on October 31, 2013, two District Scholars were selected. The District Scholars are:
Akaash Mohan, Boca Raton Community High School, son of MJ Mohan and Simi Marwaha.
Meera Radhakrishnan, Atlantic Community High School, daughter of Meena and Ramesh Radhakrishnan.
Akaash and Meera have both excelled academically by participating in Mu Alpha Theta, the mathematics honor society, and completing multiple Advanced Placement courses in mathematics and science.
The District Scholars, together with their parents and a science or mathematics teacher of each student’s choice, will be invited to a recognition ceremony in Orlando, Florida onFebruary 13-14, 2014. Students will be recognized for their academic achievements and have the opportunity to meet with recruiters from Florida colleges and universities.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose