BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The strong winds today throughout the greater Boca Raton metropolitan area may feel good, but are prompting a warning from the National Weather Service for anyone heading to the beach or planning to spend the day boating.
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA..
DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHTRIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTICBEACHES.WIND: SUSTAINED WINDS ACROSS THE LOCAL WATERS WILL BE AS HIGH AS 25KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO NEAR 30 KNOTS. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS INEFFECT FOR ALL SOUTH FLORIDA MARINE AREAS.
FLOODING: MINOR STREET FLOODING IS POSSIBLE AROUND HIGH TIDE ATTHE TYPICAL SUSCEPTIBLE LOCALES ON THE BAY SIDE OF THE BARRIERISLANDS OF THE ATLANTIC COAST. HIGH TIDE WILL OCCUR DURING THE MIDMORNING AND MID EVENING HOURS.WAVES: SEAS WILL CONTINUE ON THE ORDER OF 9 TO 11 FEET OVER THEATLANTIC WATERS BEFORE DECREASING LATER THIS EVENING.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks