BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The strong winds today throughout the greater Boca Raton metropolitan area may feel good, but are prompting a warning from the National Weather Service for anyone heading to the beach or planning to spend the day boating.
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA..
DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHTRIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTICBEACHES.WIND: SUSTAINED WINDS ACROSS THE LOCAL WATERS WILL BE AS HIGH AS 25KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO NEAR 30 KNOTS. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS INEFFECT FOR ALL SOUTH FLORIDA MARINE AREAS.
FLOODING: MINOR STREET FLOODING IS POSSIBLE AROUND HIGH TIDE ATTHE TYPICAL SUSCEPTIBLE LOCALES ON THE BAY SIDE OF THE BARRIERISLANDS OF THE ATLANTIC COAST. HIGH TIDE WILL OCCUR DURING THE MIDMORNING AND MID EVENING HOURS.WAVES: SEAS WILL CONTINUE ON THE ORDER OF 9 TO 11 FEET OVER THEATLANTIC WATERS BEFORE DECREASING LATER THIS EVENING.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…