BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Broward County Circuit Judge Cynthia Imperato was stopped by Boca Raton Police and arrested for DUI in the 2400 block of West Palmetto Park Road after a caller reported an erratic driver weaving through traffic. An officer later saw the car matching the caller's description.
According to the arrest report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Imperato refused to comply with an officer's instructions to exit her vehicle as the officer initiated a DUI investigation — only saying she was calling her lawyer.
After several requests, the officer removed the cell phone from her hand and physically removed the judge from her car, a white Mercedes.
Incredibly, the judge refused to provide a breath sample. The officers on scene read her the implied consent law and placed her under arrest. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and released on her own recognizance several hours later.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated