BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Broward County Circuit Judge Cynthia Imperato was stopped by Boca Raton Police and arrested for DUI in the 2400 block of West Palmetto Park Road after a caller reported an erratic driver weaving through traffic. An officer later saw the car matching the caller's description.
According to the arrest report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Imperato refused to comply with an officer's instructions to exit her vehicle as the officer initiated a DUI investigation — only saying she was calling her lawyer.
After several requests, the officer removed the cell phone from her hand and physically removed the judge from her car, a white Mercedes.
Incredibly, the judge refused to provide a breath sample. The officers on scene read her the implied consent law and placed her under arrest. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and released on her own recognizance several hours later.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges