BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Broward County Circuit Judge Cynthia Imperato was stopped by Boca Raton Police and arrested for DUI in the 2400 block of West Palmetto Park Road after a caller reported an erratic driver weaving through traffic. An officer later saw the car matching the caller's description.
According to the arrest report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Imperato refused to comply with an officer's instructions to exit her vehicle as the officer initiated a DUI investigation — only saying she was calling her lawyer.
After several requests, the officer removed the cell phone from her hand and physically removed the judge from her car, a white Mercedes.
Incredibly, the judge refused to provide a breath sample. The officers on scene read her the implied consent law and placed her under arrest. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and released on her own recognizance several hours later.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break