BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Nothing to be scared about, robots are embarking on a new role at Boca Raton Regional Hospital:
Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s robotic surgery program has been designated as an Intuitive Surgical GYN Epicenter for teaching surgeons how to perform hysterectomies and other gynecological procedures using the Intuitive da Vinci® SiTM Surgical System. The Hospital is one of only four institutions nationally—and the first in South Florida—to be selected for this particular use.
The Irving and Barbara C. Gutin Center for Robotic Surgery at Boca Regional is the busiest robotic surgery program in Palm Beach County. Its urogynecologic component is headed by Amir Shariati, MD, who will lead the Boca Regional Epicenter team. Dr. Shariati has vast experience in robotic surgery and in teaching other surgeons the latest techniques in utilizing the minimally invasive surgical technology.
“The benefits associated with robotic surgery cannot be overstated,” said Dr. Shariati. “We look forward to sharing our clinical experience and expertise with other surgeons for the betterment of patients in the region.”
Boca Regional’s robotic program was selected as an Epicenter site based on its procedural volumes, surgical expertise and patient outcome data. Moreover, Boca Regional’s da Vinci robots feature the technology’s latest advances such as specialized vessel sealer capabilities and imaging that provides visualization capabilities that exceed that of the human eye. Both of these enhancements contribute to the safety and speed of a procedure.
“By any measure, the training at Boca Regional will provide participants with the most advanced and thorough experience possible,” commented Fernando Recio, MD, Medical Director of Robotic Surgery at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. “Being designated as an Epicenter site is strong validation of the depth and breadth of the robotic program at Boca Regional and the quality of robotic surgery we provide to our patients.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender