BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The quiet of early Saturday evening was shattered at the J. Mark Jewelry Store on Via Naranjas Boca when an armed gunman made off with jewels and forced the owner — and his girlfriend — into a closet.
From Boca Raton PD:
The owner, Joel Mark Leibovitch, called Boca Raton Police to report the robbery. Leibovitch told officers that he was in the process of closing the store and was talking to his girlfriend, when a man entered the store. The suspect displayed a handgun and directed Leibovitch and his girlfriend to the rear of the store. The suspect then told Leibovitch to open the safes and he removed an undetermined amount of jewelry and money. The suspect ordered Leibovitch and his girlfriend into a storage closet and told them to remain there for an hour. After an hour passed, Leibovitch called the police. No one was injured.
The suspect spoke Spanish and is described as a Hispanic male, between 5’5” and 5’8” tall, medium build, wearing a grey or green puffy, hooded, rain jacket, and sunglasses covering his face.
If anyone has information about this case, they are asked to call Detective Ron Mello at (561) 620-6186 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation