BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the preliminary accident report filed following the critical crash that shut down Glades Road in the area of Judge Winikoff Road last Friday afternoon.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office:
A 2013 BMW driven by 33 year old Annie Farro of Island Lakes Lane in Boca exited the Island Lakes community and right into the path of Jayson Acevedo, 18, who was driving his 2004 Suzuki motorcycle westbound on Glades Road.
Acevedo struck the driver's door of Farro's car and flew off his bike — landing on the street. He was rushed to Delray Medical Center's trauma unit with serious bodily injury.
Annie Farro and passengers Franchesco Farro and Leandra Farro were transported to West Boca Medical Center.
It is unclear why Farro entered Glades Road as Acevedo approached.
No charges have been filed at this point but the investigation is being handled by the Sheriff Office's “Vehicle Homicide Invesitgation” unit.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected