BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the preliminary accident report filed following the critical crash that shut down Glades Road in the area of Judge Winikoff Road last Friday afternoon.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office:
A 2013 BMW driven by 33 year old Annie Farro of Island Lakes Lane in Boca exited the Island Lakes community and right into the path of Jayson Acevedo, 18, who was driving his 2004 Suzuki motorcycle westbound on Glades Road.
Acevedo struck the driver's door of Farro's car and flew off his bike — landing on the street. He was rushed to Delray Medical Center's trauma unit with serious bodily injury.
Annie Farro and passengers Franchesco Farro and Leandra Farro were transported to West Boca Medical Center.
It is unclear why Farro entered Glades Road as Acevedo approached.
No charges have been filed at this point but the investigation is being handled by the Sheriff Office's “Vehicle Homicide Invesitgation” unit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month