BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the preliminary accident report filed following the critical crash that shut down Glades Road in the area of Judge Winikoff Road last Friday afternoon.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office:
A 2013 BMW driven by 33 year old Annie Farro of Island Lakes Lane in Boca exited the Island Lakes community and right into the path of Jayson Acevedo, 18, who was driving his 2004 Suzuki motorcycle westbound on Glades Road.
Acevedo struck the driver's door of Farro's car and flew off his bike — landing on the street. He was rushed to Delray Medical Center's trauma unit with serious bodily injury.
Annie Farro and passengers Franchesco Farro and Leandra Farro were transported to West Boca Medical Center.
It is unclear why Farro entered Glades Road as Acevedo approached.
No charges have been filed at this point but the investigation is being handled by the Sheriff Office's “Vehicle Homicide Invesitgation” unit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday