BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The stakes were high for Bradenton resident Thomas Gillispie, but you can now put a fork in him. He's done. The 55-year-old allegeldy stole a steak from Publix at 4141 North Federal Highway, put it in a Publix bag, then attempted to return it to customer service.
But the customer service clerk at Publix knew immediately that Gillispie was cooking up an evil scheme.
Cutting right through the fat, Boca Raton police responded to the scene and arrested Gillispie at a nearby Walgreens where Publix management kept him under surveillance.
He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud