BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The stakes were high for Bradenton resident Thomas Gillispie, but you can now put a fork in him. He's done. The 55-year-old allegeldy stole a steak from Publix at 4141 North Federal Highway, put it in a Publix bag, then attempted to return it to customer service.
But the customer service clerk at Publix knew immediately that Gillispie was cooking up an evil scheme.
Cutting right through the fat, Boca Raton police responded to the scene and arrested Gillispie at a nearby Walgreens where Publix management kept him under surveillance.
He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED