BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Blame CSX — the railroad company that maintains the crossing on Palmetto Park Road near I-95 — for closing the road starting early Friday. There will be no access to I-95 from West of the train tracks, and you will not be able to exit I-95 and head west for several days.
This will likely cause epic traffic woes that Boca Raton has never before experienced.
It is unclear why Jacksonville-based CSX decided to do this at the peak of the holiday season.
According to Boca Raton Police — not so subtly pointing out via social media that this is CSX’s doing — advises the following:
Traffic Advisory: Starting 2 AM Friday, December 13th until Tuesday, December 17th, Palmetto Park Road will be closed at the CSX Railroad tracks in both directions. Work will be done to replace tracks and pavement in that area. Palmetto Park Rd. will be open to local traffic up to the tracks. Detours will be in place. East/West alternate routes include Camino Real and Glades Road. 95 North and South will not be accessible West of the tracks, you will be able to access 95 North and South from East of the tracks. Traveling 95 North, you can exit at Palmetto but only go East. Coming 95 South you can exit but only go East.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge