BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Erica Marie Borows is both lucky to be alive and honest.
The 23-year-old Boca resident was almost struck by another vehicle as she lay slumped over her steering wheel Friday night around 11pm on Palmetto Park Road. The driver that almost hit her called police.
To her credit, once police woke Borows up, she allegedly admitted to them that she was in fact drunk. A blood alcohol test confirmed she was right, revealing her blood alcohol content of .214% and .219%. That’s just shy of three times the legal limit in Florida.
Borows — who has a very active Facebook page — was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
You can read the entire affidavit of probable cause — including how police say she recited the alphabet — here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation