BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Erica Marie Borows is both lucky to be alive and honest.
The 23-year-old Boca resident was almost struck by another vehicle as she lay slumped over her steering wheel Friday night around 11pm on Palmetto Park Road. The driver that almost hit her called police.
To her credit, once police woke Borows up, she allegedly admitted to them that she was in fact drunk. A blood alcohol test confirmed she was right, revealing her blood alcohol content of .214% and .219%. That’s just shy of three times the legal limit in Florida.
Borows — who has a very active Facebook page — was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
You can read the entire affidavit of probable cause — including how police say she recited the alphabet — here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks