BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What one roommate claimed was a joke to another roommate led to a police respone and tense moments on the campus of Lynn University when a student believed his life was being threatened.
Boca Raton Police report that one roomate shot another with an airsoft rifle, then waved a knife at him. While no injuries were reported, the man who was shot — and was threatened with the knife — called police. He ulitmately declined to prosectue and signed a waiver that kept his roomate out of handcuffs.
The armed roommate “claimed his actions were a joke.”
Police seized the weapons.
It is unclear at this time whether Lynn University is launching its own investigation or whether disciplinary action is pending against the roommate with the weapons.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery