BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What one roommate claimed was a joke to another roommate led to a police respone and tense moments on the campus of Lynn University when a student believed his life was being threatened.
Boca Raton Police report that one roomate shot another with an airsoft rifle, then waved a knife at him. While no injuries were reported, the man who was shot — and was threatened with the knife — called police. He ulitmately declined to prosectue and signed a waiver that kept his roomate out of handcuffs.
The armed roommate “claimed his actions were a joke.”
Police seized the weapons.
It is unclear at this time whether Lynn University is launching its own investigation or whether disciplinary action is pending against the roommate with the weapons.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch