BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What one roommate claimed was a joke to another roommate led to a police respone and tense moments on the campus of Lynn University when a student believed his life was being threatened.
Boca Raton Police report that one roomate shot another with an airsoft rifle, then waved a knife at him. While no injuries were reported, the man who was shot — and was threatened with the knife — called police. He ulitmately declined to prosectue and signed a waiver that kept his roomate out of handcuffs.
The armed roommate “claimed his actions were a joke.”
Police seized the weapons.
It is unclear at this time whether Lynn University is launching its own investigation or whether disciplinary action is pending against the roommate with the weapons.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School