BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What one roommate claimed was a joke to another roommate led to a police respone and tense moments on the campus of Lynn University when a student believed his life was being threatened.
Boca Raton Police report that one roomate shot another with an airsoft rifle, then waved a knife at him. While no injuries were reported, the man who was shot — and was threatened with the knife — called police. He ulitmately declined to prosectue and signed a waiver that kept his roomate out of handcuffs.
The armed roommate “claimed his actions were a joke.”
Police seized the weapons.
It is unclear at this time whether Lynn University is launching its own investigation or whether disciplinary action is pending against the roommate with the weapons.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside